Wednesday 7 January 2015

STEP SOUTH TO SEE PENGUINS IN ANTARCTICA


Taking a sidestep from Galapagos to show some video of Antarctica.  I thought that these videos were permanently lost but John found them on one of many external drives that we have.  They were taken on my iphone almost three years ago in Antarctica. I was able to just sit and walk among hundreds, no thousands, of Adele, Gentoo and Chinstrap penguins.  I think that we encountered a Magellan or two.  Enjoy watching the babies (one month old) in their newborn fluff. the social interaction of adult penguins, nesting and much more.








Penguins in Antarctica

I wanted to slip these in because I am just coming to penguin territory in the Galapagos where I will feature the Galapagos penguin.  I thought it interesting to make the comparison 

No comments:

Post a Comment